Launched as a not-for-profit company in 2013, the Save Childhood Movement (SCM) consists of a growing collaboration of individuals and organisations that share a deep concern about societal values and wellbeing and the current erosion of natural childhood. It has a particular interest in how modern culture is impacting family life and the changing nature of children’s worlds and experiences. In the three years since its launch it has established a national presence and has attracted a fast-growing number of high-profile supporters.
Until now the the movement has been a totally voluntary organisation, with minimal external funding, but a huge amount of goodwill and support from others. To ensure its sustainability and growth it now needs to pay some core members of staff and cover its main running costs.
- Sir Al Aynsley-Green (first Children's Commissioner for England and ex President of the BMA) became our first patron
- Multidisciplinary Advisory Board (forty globally renowned experts)
- Established National Children’s Day UK (NCDUK) as a nationally significant annual event
- Developed a large number of successful collaborations and partnerships
- High profile ambassadors, including the National Children’s Laureate and the Children’s Dramatist.
- Rapidly growing social media presence - frequently achieving 50,000+ views, with a current maximum reach for NCDUK of 3.2 million
- NCDUK2016 partnership helped raise £540k for disadvantaged children
- Highly regarded publications including the ‘Putting Children First’ Manifesto and the ‘Children’s Charter of Developmental Rights’.
- Led the strategic development of a highly successful English Early Years Coalition
- Developed a nationally recognised campaign with increasing political influence
In the Pipeline